Surviving a life-changing event such as a stroke often begins a journey of adjustment, not just for the survivor but for family members, friends and caregivers.
Adirondack Health will host a Stroke Support Group meeting on Wednesday, May 21 in the 1st Floor Conference Room at Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake from 3-4:30 p.m. There are many physical and emotional changes that can result from a stroke, and a support group can play a vital role in recovery for survivors and family members.
AMC’s Stroke Support Group offers encouragement, education and socialization through:
- An opportunity to learn about stroke treatments, prognosis and advancements
- Information about community resources
- A networking connection for care
- Lessening the sense of stigma often associated with strokes
- Positive solutions to common problems and issues
- Hope for survivors, families and caregivers
To attend the Stroke Support Group meeting at AMC on May 21 from 3-4:30 p.m., please contact Lea Bedore, Speech/Language Pathologist at (518) 897-2251.