Plattsburgh, NY – 7/03/2014 – The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center, a program of CVPH Medical Center, conducts community blood drives with the support of many local businesses and organizations. Blood and blood products donated by North Country residents at these drives are used not only at CVPH Medical Center but at hospitals in Elizabethtown, Saranac Lake, Malone, Massena and Canton-Potsdam.
During the month of July there are many opportunities to give:
· Monday, July 7, Twin State Voice Data Video, Rand Hill Morrisonville, 8 to11a.m.
· Monday, July 7, Essex Fire Department, co-sponsor Masonic Lodge, 4 to 7 p.m.
· Tuesday, July 8, Malone Callfiremen Station, 3 to 7 p.m.
· Wednesday, July 9, International Paper Ticonderoga Mill, Noon to 3 p.m.
· Thursday, July 10, Black Brook Town Hall, 3 to 7 p.m.
· Friday, July 11, Clinton County Government Center, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
· Monday, July 14, Keeseville Fire Department, 4 to 7 p.m.
· Tuesday, July 15, Wadhams Community Church, 3 to 7 p.m.
· Tuesday, July 15, Clinton County Department of Social Services, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 16, Adirondack Medical Center, Noon to 5 p.m.
· Thursday, July 17, Wilmington Fire Department, 3 to 7 p.m.
· Monday, July 21, Ellenburg Knights of Columbus Hall, in Memory of Jerry Martin, 4 to 7 p.m.
· Tuesday, July 22, St. Lawrence County Human Services Building, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, Massena Memorial Hospital, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Thursday, July 24, Jeffords Steel, Noon to 3 p.m.
· Friday, July 25, Walmart, Route 11, Malone, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Monday, July 28, Peru Fire Department, 3 to 7 p.m.
· Tuesday, July 29, Bangor Fire Department, 4 to 7 p.m.
· Thursday, July 31, Mooers Fire Department, 3:30 to 7 p.m.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be in good health and at least 17 years of age. The minimum weight requirement is 110 lbs. All donors must pass a physical and health history exam conducted at the drive prior to donation. Whole blood can be donated once every eight weeks (56 days). Apheresis (red blood cell donation) donations can occur every 16 weeks.
The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center is located in the CVPH Health Plaza. It’s open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome however those interested in apheresis donation should call 518.562.7406 to make an appointment. More information and a complete listing of upcoming drives can be found at www.cvph.org.