Food

A Florida man went to the doctor when his migraine medication wasn't working, and his doctor made a startling discovery: The patient had tapeworm larvae in his brain.

The 52-year-old was successfully treated with anti-parasitic medication, but how he came down with the condition is somewhat of a mystery. However, doctors believe they know the cause: The patient had a habit of eating undercooked, non-crispy bacon.

Doctors suspect he consumed tapeworm eggs that ended up in his brain. The condition, known as neurocysticercosis, causes 1,000 hospitalizations in the United States annually. (newser)

 

Comments

Add a comment

On Air Now

  • Non Stop NBZ

    2:00am - 5:00am

    The Greatest Hits of All Time!

WCAX Weather

WCAX Weather

Coming Up

  • Wake Up with Woodhouse

    5:00am - 10:00am

    Join Woodhouse, the Morning Show Players, and the rest of the team... up early to make the beginning of your day better, and a whole lot of fun!

  • Dylan Ayer

    10:00am - 3:00pm

    What's on her mind? Dylan will tell you! There's nobody better to hang out with during your workday!

Events

Recently Played